Monday 12 December 2011

Editing Friday the 25th

Editing Friday the 25th

This week I felt much more confident when editing. I had great footage from my shoot with Rowan in Camden. So I had more variety of shots to edit and play around with. After Jim Cole visited it was decided that I would focus on the lead singer more then the band. Therefore when choosing shots this week, I used shots of just Rowan and also chose shots of the two male band members. This week I played around and explored effects, using effects such as 'cold steel' and 'black and white'. This transported my average shots of buses, street lamps and trees into gothic and eerie shots. I also watched a series of youtube videos on final cut pro tutorials . After this I learnt how to stabalize my shots, crop my shots and create transitions. Using these new techniques my video began to look more interesting and visually pleasing to watch. I also managed to lip sync the first half of the video perfectly and I will be working on the second half during next week. When reviewing the video and my progress with my teacher, it was decided that my introduction was still too slow. So this week I will be focusing my attention  on creating quicker cutaway shots. Overall I feel very happy with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment