Monday 14 November 2011

Editing so far ( November 7th-11th)

Editing so far November 7th -November 11th


On the week of November the 7th I uploaded my film onto Final Cut Pro and began editing. I began by putting the best shot of my band performing in the studio onto Final Cut Pro. I then went through my shots and decided which shots I would use as cut aways from my band performing. At the start of the song the introduction features quick beats, which I thought was perfect for a montage of quick images of the band.
I used images of the band on the bus, running down the street and playing their instruments. I chose these images because they are fast paced and show the band interacting as a unique and lively group. Over the week I also tried to match the lead singer's lip syncing to the song which I uploaded onto Final Cut Pro. This proved to be very difficult and this is still a work in progress. I went through my shots and decided which ones were useable and which ones weren't. At the end of the week I sat with my teacher and discussed my work so far. When reviewing it, it was decided that the lip syncing needed to be matched more accurately and the opening shots needed to be shorter and replaced with more focus shots. Next week I plan to work on my opening more and also keep developing the lip syncing and create more of a narrative.





Screen shot of editing so far

No comments:

Post a Comment